BooBoo is a programming language that resembles high-level assembly. It's fairly fast, and comes with lots of examples and demo games to teach you the language.
Some of the features of the game library are:
- Basic graphical functions like clears and primitives (rectangles, circles, triangles, etc.)
- Image loading and drawing in a variety of ways (scaled, rotated, etc.)
- Font loading and text drawing
- Support for custom shaders
- A full musical composition language for music and sound effects, as well as audio samples
- Keyboard, mouse and multiple gamepad inputs
- Configuration/save state support
The game library is extremely fast and the language itself is also quite speedy! The library was built with gamepads in mind, and the example games require a gamepad at the time being (keyboard and mouse support were just added to BooBooGame recently!)
The command line interpreter is open source! This repository includes the code for the game library extensions as well, but not the lower-level, closed source libraries that make the gaming stuff work. You can view the documentation here.
Includes precompiled binaries for 64 bit Linux. Also includes the compress_dir and play_mml tools.